View the article’s original source
Author: Shaikh Rafia
Looking for a stable custom ROM for your brand new and beautiful Samsung Galaxy S6? We present to you the XtreStoLite custom firmware which is based on Android 5.1.1 and is full of customization offers under the hood. Based on the official firmware, developer has only cut on the bloatware to get you performance enhancements and a fast and smooth experience. Follow this guide to flash this Galaxy S6 custom ROM based on the very latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
XtreStoLite Android 5.1.1 highlights:
- 5-Way Reboot Menu
- Removed High volume warning message
- Removed Increasing Ringtone
- All 3 animation speeds at 0.5 at default
- Disabled Mobile Data toggle warning at default
- Fixed ColorFade Memory leak
Prerequisites to flash XtreStoLite Android 5.1.1 on Galaxy S6:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S6 G920I as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Flash XtreStoLite Galaxy S6 Custom ROM:
Required files: download the XtreStoLite Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom firmware for Galaxy S6 and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also download Google Apps Package.
- Connect your Galaxy S6 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your smartphone.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the XtreStoLite Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S6 G920I into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
The post Flash Android 5.1.1 Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6 – How to by Shaikh Rafia appeared first on WCCFtech.
All of these texts are owned by its respective writers and are published here under a Creative Commons License. Visit the author’s website (see link below the title of this post) to determine the actual terms of the license.