View the article’s original source
Author: Uzair Ghani
Here’s a complete guide on how you can download and install iOS 9 Public Beta on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The beta is absolutely free to download and try, and getting up and running with it is just a matter of patience and a few minutes.
Download And Install iOS 9 Public Beta On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
1. Backup your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes in case anything goes wrong during the process.
iCloud: Navigate to Settings > iCloud > Backup, toggle the ‘iCloud Backup’ switch to the ON position and then tap on ‘Back Up Now.’
iTunes: Plug your iOS device to your PC or Mac, launch iTunes, click on your device’s name on the top left hand corner, then click on ‘This Computer,’ then ‘Back Up Now’ under the Backups section. Refer to the screenshot below for clarification.
2. Open beta.apple.com using Safari on your iOS device and tap on the ‘Sign Up’ button if you haven’t signed up already, or ‘Sign In’ if you’re already a member of the Apple Beta Software Program.
3. Enter your iCloud / Apple ID credentials as shown in the screenshot below and then tap on the ‘Sign In’ button.
4. Tap on the blue ‘Accept’ button at the bottom. Once done, you’re now enrolled into the Apple Beta Software Program, and all set to install iOS 9 Public Beta on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
5. Tap on ‘Enroll Your Devices’ at the top.
6. Scroll down and tap on the blue ‘Download profile’ button and install the profile on your iOS device.
7. Click on ‘Install’ at the top right hand corner, and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process. You will be required to restart your device, so tap on ‘Restart’ when prompted.
8. Once your device boots up, navigate to Settings > General > Software Update, and over here the iOS 9 Public Beta will be waiting for your download approval. Simply tap on ‘Download and Install’ to initiate the download process.
iOS 9 Public Beta is over 1GB in size, therefore it will take some time to download. And since this is beta software by all means, therefore expect a few crashes and rough corners in your daily usage. If you’re asking us, we’d recommend that you install the iOS 9 Public Beta on a test device, and not your primary one, because you never know when things can take a sharp turn for the worse. And in case that does happen for some reason, you can always downgrade to iOS 8.4, the current public release of Apple’s mobile software.
If you do happen to try out iOS 9 Public Beta on your device, then do let us know how your experience has been thus far. We love to hear from our readers.
The post How To Download, Install iOS 9 Public Beta On iPhone, iPad by Uzair Ghani appeared first on WCCFtech.
All of these texts are owned by its respective writers and are published here under a Creative Commons License. Visit the author’s website (see link below the title of this post) to determine the actual terms of the license.