The mobiles are increasingly powerful, have greater photographic capabilities, have gone specialized even to run the games at maximum quality. And they need processors that keep up, as manufacturers such as Qualcomm, Samsung and Huawei know. Can MediaTek keep up? That’s what you’ll try with its new processor, the Helio G90.
The manufacturer of multiprocessors today presented its new beast, especially aimed at mobile phones that need the maximum power: those specializing in games. In this way, and equipped with the new SoC Helio G90, MediaTek offers maximum performance in the most demanding graphic environments, has compatibility for cameras up to 64 Mpx, significantly improves Artificial Intelligence … And, somewhat strange, leaves out the 5G.
The MediaTek Helio G90 is an evolution of the Helio P90 to adapt to the needs of what is currently a trend in mobile: high-capacity smartphones and perfect for running high quality games without messy graphics. The Helio G90 should be a cheaper alternative to SoCs such as Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 855, the main choice of brands when developing their gaming mobiles.
Here are the features of the MediaTek Helio G90:
- CPU processors: Octacore with combination of Arm Cortex-A55 and Arm Cortex-A76. Up to 2.05 GHz. 64 bits.
- Manufacturing process: 12 nm.
- GPU: Arm Mali-G76 3EEMC4. 800 MHz and with resolution up to 2520 x 1080 px.
- RAM memory: up to 10 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR4x.
- Storage: compatible with eMMC 5.1 and UFS 2.1.
- Cameras: up to 64 Mpx in a single sensor or 24-16 Mpx in a dual system.
- Connectivity: Cat 12/13 4G LTE Modem with 4×4 MIMO, 3CA, 256QAM, dual 4G SIM.
At maximum features this new MediaTek is far from the current top-of-the-range SoC, but there is no doubt that it is a remarkable boost in performance if we compare the Helio G90 with its predecessors. Especially in the field of gaming.
MediaTek has introduced in the Helio G90 its new Hyperengine, a centralized system that, through Artificial Intelligence, is able to adapt the processor to the maximum requirements in games. The choice of the GPU Arm Mali-G76 3EEMC4 should correspond to a great improvement in the field of entertainment, something that MediaTek badly needed.