View the article’s original source
Author: Jeff Williams
Umbra has been doing fantastic on Kickstarter, which isn’t necessarily a measure of success of the actual game, however more money does equate to more time dedicated to production which means new features. And since the funding goal has reached the appropriate level to unlock another novel new feature.
Funding for Umbra has reached the level to unlock a multiplayer hero defense mode.
The Hero Defense Mode is a multiplayer mission that includes randomized elements within it that challegne the player to defend a temple whilst attempting to complete side missions outside of the temple at the same time. This missions can be replayed as many times as you want as well.
Long term evolution goals are something that Kickstarter campaigns use as an incentive to help contribute more than you might initially to gain more features. It’s not necessarily a bad concept, because to add additional stuff to a game requires more time and more resources to do so, which do require money to do. As much as it would be nice if developers created games simply for the sake of gaming itself, they too are people and need to be able to pay their own bills as well as cover any expenses accrued by the company during that development.
Umbra is an open-world action RPG using the CryEnginewhere you take on the role of a former soldier on the run due to a death penalty on your head for having magical abilities. Not only are you hunted by humans after you for your differences, but you’re hunted by the monsters of the Wild as well.
Umbra wants to be different from the classic approach to action RPG’s in a lot of ways, combing an evolution of gameplay with everything you already love, making for a unique experience.
Some of the features they want to incorporate:
- Open World : Discover the world and enjoy it at your own convenience
- Exploration and experimentation is rewarded with new powers, attributed according to your play style!
- Free character development – No class limitation. You have three resources: Rage, Stamina and Mana, and they all interact with each other in order to balance gameplay.
- Apocalyptic Form: According to your play style, you will develop special powers for your character, changing their abilities and look. Fierce melee warriors may gain a third arm to equip with a new weapon; a fire caster will have their skin turn into lava and heal from fire. Even wings and horns might appear on your character depending on your actions!
- Tons of Loot: Weapons, Armor, Potions and randomly generated magic effects for more gameplay diversity!
- Semi procedural Weaponry: Blades, pommel and guard details can be randomized for more unique gear in the game!
- Advanced Crafting mini-game: Build your own weapons and armors thanks to a complex and challenging module in Umbra
- Tons of Destructible environments: From small walls to complete parts of an area. We hope you enjoy it!
- Housing: Create your own house and proudly showcase your special gear!
- Mature story full of secrets to discover exploring the world
- Kythera AI system: The automatic real-time navigation adaptation of Kythera adapts to any change in the physics of the world, allowing us to create exciting scenes including large portion of levels collapsing or moving and fighting on the back of giant creature, creating never seen before gameplay situations!
- Dungeon challenge (Stretch goal): Transform a special part of your house into a dungeon and challenge other players to survive the onslaught!
- Multiplayer mode (stretch goal): Multiplayer is an ambitious goal we would love to achieve, but it must be done correctly. We plan to have different interesting stretch goals for you that will allow us to build the foundation of the multiplayer. In the best case scenario, we would like to have the following mods: Dungeon Challenge (see above), Co-Op mode, and Competitive Player vs Player vs AI.
The post Umbra Multiplayer Hero Defense Mode Unlocked, Funding Goal Reached by Jeff Williams appeared first on WCCFtech.
All of these texts are owned by its respective writers and are published here under a Creative Commons License. Visit the author’s website (see link below the title of this post) to determine the actual terms of the license.