It’s about time. Super Nintendo games are finally coming to Nintendo Switch Online.
Nintendo has announced that SNES (Super Nintendo Entertainment System) games will be included in the Switch online service under the same conditions as NES games. As of September 5, users will be able to play 20 16-bit SNES titles. Nintendo explains that there will be online multiplayer options for titles that support this feature. For single-player titles, we’ll be able to alternate the control. Among the games is Stunt Race FX, which comes for the first time to another video game platform.
The initial catalogue, which will increase over time, is composed of these 20 titles:
- Brawl Brothers
- Breath of Fire
- Demon’s Crest
- Joe & Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics
- Kirby’s Dream Course
- Kirby’s Dream Land 3
- Star Fox
- Stunt Race FX
- Super Earth Defense Force
- Super Ghouls’n Ghosts
- Super Mario Kart
- Super Mario World
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island
- Super Metroid
- Super Puyo 2 (Available for the first time in Europe)
- Super Soccer (For the first time since its original launch on Super NES)
- Super Tennis (For the first time since its original launch on Super NES)
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
It’s noticeable that the games have a rewind option. That means we’ll be able to go back in time to correct mistakes and finally pass the levels. Nintendo also announces that it will release a SNES wireless controller at a price of 29.99 dollars. The controller, which will only be available to Nintendo Switch Online subscribers, will be charged and connected via USB to the console.