View the article’s original source
Author: Archie Paras
Warner Bros and Avalanche Studios have released a new set of screenshot for Mad Max, which can be viewed in the gallery below:
The latest trailer for Mad Max titled “Eye of the Storm” can also be viewed below:
Warlord. Tyrant. Monster. Discover the brutal leader atop The Wasteland’s vicious War Boys, Scrotus.
Max traverses through “The Big Nothing”, an unmapped volatile area. Max can eat small animals as rodents and maggots to replenish his health. Mad Max will feature a crafting system which can be used to craft new weapons and tools. Max’s garage can be used to change and modify the car’s engines, chassis, wheels, body works, including paint treatment, and the “shell” of the automobile.
Build the Ultimate Car
- Without your Interceptor, you are nothing. Embark on a dangerous journey to rebuild your key to salvation
- Brutalize your enemies in high-speed, inter-vehicular warfare using the ultimate combat vehicle
- Build your perfect war-machine with thousands of mods to customize performance, armor and weaponry
Be the Legendary Post-apocalyptic Warrior
- Build your legend by upgrading Max’s stats, gear, and abilities
- Raid enemy encampments to gain access to precious resources and powerful upgrades
- Kill or be killed by combining stealth, gun, and melee combat to take out your relentless enemies
Tame the primal Wasteland
- Traverse and discover a haunting post-apocalyptic world with dynamic weather, treacherous landscapes, and sadistic marauder factions that create threatening situations around every corner
- Freedom to do whatever you want, whenever you want. The Wasteland is vast and filled with dangerous side missions, activities and encounters ranging from ambushes to hijacking fuel caravans
Johnson explains the graphical features of the Avalanche Engine:
Since the Avalanche Engine has been used in several games, it has picked up a lot of graphical features along the way. The engine is optimized for open world games so you will find dynamic time of day and dynamic weather, with some big sand storms. Mad Max is set in The Wasteland where a lot of the ground is visible, so we added parallax occlusion mapping to give some depth to the terrain material.
There also isn’t any living vegetation, or bodies of water, so the variation in shaders range between materials like sand, paint, blood and chrome. We’ve got some very talented lighting and effect artists, and we work a lot with light projections and dynamic shadows as well as fire, dust and debris swirling around to create motion and variations.
Mad Max will release on September 1 2015 in North America, with a European release to follow on September 4. We will bring you any news regarding Mad Max as soon as it becomes available. Be sure to check out our previous Mad Max and Just Cause 3 coverage for more.
All of these texts are owned by its respective writers and are published here under a Creative Commons License. Visit the author’s website (see link below the title of this post) to determine the actual terms of the license.