Nintendo has put a number on the success of Animal Crossing: New Horizons, which in just six weeks has sold 13.41 million copies worldwide. This figure, offered as part of the latest financial results of the Japanese company, comes with the sales update of Nintendo Switch, which has already accumulated 55.7 million units and is in a position to exceed NES 61.91 million.
Although it has only been in stores for a month and a half, the massive sales of Animal Crossing: New Horizons make it the most commercially successful delivery in the saga and the fastest-selling Nintendo Switch game. In comparison, Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, the previous owner of this achievement, managed to sell 6 million copies in its first week on sale and 12.9 million copies after nine weeks.
As usual, Nintendo’s financial results have also helped the company update the figures for its 10 best-selling Nintendo Switch games. As of 31 March 2020, the situation was as follows:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 24.77 million copies
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 18.84 million copies
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 17.41 million copies
- Super Mario Odyssey – 17.41 million copies
- Pokemon Sword / Pokemon Shield – 17.37 million copies
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee – 11.97 million copies
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 13.41 million copies
- Splatoon 2 – 10.13 million copies
- Super Mario Party – 10.10 million copies
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 6.60 million copies