More and more people are discovering the convenience of using cloud storage as a service. Using it lets you access your files anywhere you are, especially that you can sync it in your other devices. Hence, you don’t need to worry of accidentally deleting your files, or losing your gadget because your files can be automatically synced to your cloud storage account. But since there are way too many cloud storage providers, you must list down all possible features to look for in a cloud storage service provider.
Cloud storage as a service – features to look for
Whether you will use cloud storage to store personal files, or to store business data, you should look for the features that will benefit your best, and here is a list of important features to look.
- Does it have a backup and restore features? The primary purpose of cloud storage is to protect your files. You may accidentally delete your files, ruin your computer and consequently erasing your files can be really awful. But if you have a cloud storage account, there is no need for you to worry since you can sync your gadget and computers to your account. So whenever you take photos, it will be synced to your cloud storage.
- The cloud storage as a service must allow you to create documents, upload and download files. Using the cloud storage will surely let you free some space in your computer’s hard drive and your gadget’s memory.
- The feature that allows you to easily tweak the sharing options. As the creator / owner of the file or folder you have created in the cloud storage, you have the option to tweak the sharing buttons to either make the file private and can be accessed by no one else but you, or you can share the access to other people by adding them in the sharing option. You can even let anyone who have the link to access the accounts.
- Another great feature is the security. Only those whom you have given access can view or edit the document you have shared. If someone will try to access a file and it was not shared to them, your permission will be needed.
- Another great feature of the cloud storage as a service is the accessibility. Most cloud storage services have mobile apps that let you access your cloud storage using your mobile. Hence, allowing you to access, edit or upload files wherever you are.
- The service provider must have a good help and support feature. Users should easily find resources like video tutorial or a tour that will explain the features and how the features are used. Although using the cloud storage is quite easy and straightforward, it would not hurt.
- It is advantageous if the cloud storage service can give you flexibility in terms of storage capacity. Of course, fee account will have a limited storage capacity, while some paid accounts might have storage limitations as well. The storage capacity may depend on your subscription, however, it should be flexible to provide you with a higher storage space if needed. Some companies provide this, this one included.
So, what feature of the cloud storage as a service would be beneficial to you and your company? Tell us in the comment section below.