View the article’s original source
Author: Abdullah Saad
There has been a new leak for Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 SCH-i535; VRBMA2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware. While the firmware is not an official release from Verizon and it does not include either the premium suite or multi window operation capability, the general consensus is still that it does offer a lot of improvement over its predecessor. While this update is unofficial, if for some reason, you would like not to wait and get it on your phone right now, here is a guide to update your Galaxy S3 I9300 SCH-i535 to VRBMA2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware.
Disclaimer:This guide includes instructions to flash the official firmware on your Galaxy S3 I9300 SCH-i535. During the process, you might lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully. Also, please, do mind that this tutorial is only for Galaxy S3 I9300 SCH-i535. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device.
Android 4.1.2 VRBMA2 Firmware Details:
Update Verizon Galaxy S3 I9300 SCH-i535 to VRBMA2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Extract the firmware zip file that you have downloaded using the link above, you will then get a .tar file alongside other files.
- Extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe.
- Power off your phone. Wait 5-6 seconds to confirm complete switch off.
- Put the Galaxy S3 I9300 SCH-i535 in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power button until Samsung Galaxy logo appears in phone screen. Wait for a few seconds and you will be in download mode.
- Run Odin3 v3.07.exe (see Step 2) as an Administrator.
- Connect your Galaxy S3 I9300 SCH-i535 with your PC using USB cable. A message will appear under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get it, then try another USB port. If that too doesn’t work, then reinstall the USB driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin, you are good to go. Also, check for COM port with a number in Yellow to make sure that you have successfully added your device.
- Select the following files in Odin at their respective tabs from extracted VRBMA2 firmware folder :
- Click the ‘PDA’ Button, and select the .tar file here with *code* appearing in file-name.
- Click the ‘Phone’ Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (Ignore, if this file does not file exist).
- Click the ‘CSC’ Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (Ignore, if this file does not file exist).
- Click the ‘PIT’ Button, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Please make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file (see Step 7.4).
- Recheck everything mentioned in Step 7 & 8 above. Hit the ‘START’ button to begin the flashing process.
Once the flashing process is completed, the phone will reboot automatically and you will see a PASS message in the top-left-most box. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
If you have followed every point described in the guide, your Verizon Galaxy S3 I9300 SCH-i535 should now be running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build I535VRBMA2. If there are any issues, feel free to post in the comments section for our staff to take a look at it.